Re: [TCLUG:3978] Still ethernet probs, kinda...

> Ok... if I manually ifconfig eth0 to an IP address, the LINK light goes on
> and All Is Well.
>
> Problem is I need to use dhcp, which needs to access the network which
> doesn't exist since I haven't run dhcp yet.

Presumably, dhcp should automatically detect your Ethernet device and
configure the adapter..  You might have to run 'dhcpcd eth0', but it
_should_ work..

OTOH, you could try setting your Ethernet's IP to, say, 192.168.0.1,
then run dhcpcd, and hopefully that would cause eth0 to be re-configured
with the correct ip..

Also, I'm curious to know if you have your /etc/conf.modules file
correctly set up (assuming you're using a module for the card).  The
distribution you have could also be useful..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1