Re: [TCLUG:3963] new distribution

You could steal RedHat's autodetection routines for the network card, and
obtain the IP address from a bootp/dhcp server if you wanted to. Also, it
would be nice if you could add functionality to load the installation
files from a NFS/FTP/Samba/Whatever server.. then you could just make a
boot disk for each machine you wanted to load Linux on, turn it on, and
start controlling the machines from your web browser on another machine.
Just my $.01.. oh, and I would personally recommend Debian over slackware,
but hey, that's just me.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop