Re: [TCLUG:4031] Samba/Linux stress load

  Hi,

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Looking for a quick survey here.
> Anyone running samba with 25+ users accessing the shares?
> I'd like to know your thoughts on performane, hardware you are using,
> etc.

We've got a PII-233 with 64 megs of Ram. The developers use it for their
Java stuff (they just store files there, don't run the actualy compilers
or whatever). However, the whole project trees are saved on this machine,
so compiling does access it rather heavily. Uptime says:
3:51pm  up 24 days, 19:55,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

netstat shows about 50 netbios connections (there shouldn't be that many,
but you know, developers...)

They used to have the same machine running NT. They say it's faster and
more reliable now (no rebooting whenever someone compiles).

HTH,

-Yaron