Re: [TCLUG:4036] LILO

Ouch!  How the heck did that happen?  fdisk /mbr should *not* have done it
(it's never given me a problem and I have used it several times).

-----Original Message-----
From: evan <nkras@earthlink.net>
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
Date: Monday, February 08, 1999 9:20 PM
Subject: [TCLUG:4036] LILO

   fdisk /mbr didn't exactly work. Apparently, the Windows mbr is quite
unforgiving to other operating systems. Not only did my Win95 partition
get
destroyed, the Linux partition wouldn't boot due to a damaged filesystem.
Couldn't boot it, couldn't rescue it.

   Repartitioned and formatted my HD. Linux is my primary OS now, LILO is
in the mbr, but I messed up when I recompiled the kernel: now it won't
boot. Shoulda kept a copy of my <original> boot disk. Win95 works fine,
though.