Re: [TCLUG:4095] Samba netgroups

Gabe Turner wrote:

> > Quoting Clayton Fandre (cfandre@minn.net):
> > > I figured out why my netgroups aren't working with samba, but can't
> > > figure out why it's not working. When I do a configure in the source
> > > directory, I get the following line, which turns off netgroups. Anyone
> > > know how I can get this to say YES???
> > >
> > > checking for yp_get_default_domain... no
> > >
> > > As far as I know I have everything installed for NIS. (Since it works
> > > for everything else.)
> >
> All the configure script does is generate a Makefile.  Just run configure and
> then edit the resulting Makefile.  Then just run make && make install as usual.

....of course, you should always try to find out why configure is
failing the test.  config.log is a good place to start.  Usually,
it's just a path problem, and all you have to do is add the path
to your CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, etc. env variable -- or install the
missing software, whichever the case may be.  (c:

If it's just a missed path, then you're probably safe editing the
Makefile.  However, you'd be wise to fix the problem at the root,
so that configure picks it up properly.

John