Re: [TCLUG:4147] DNS

You need to set up a reverse lookup for localhost.  Here's mine:

0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.	IN SOA connor.mad-seumas.net. root@mad-seumas.net.
(
					1998112402 ; serial
					28800	   : refresh
					14400	   ; retry
					3600000	   ; expire
					86400 )    ; minimum

0.0.127.in.addr.arpa.	IN NS	localhost.

Make sure that this file is added to /etc/named.boot as follows:

primary 	0.0.127.in-addr.arpa	pz/named.rev-127.0.0

based on your path and give named a HUP.

The localhost reverse is required for the nameserver; usually reverses
have to be done by the owner of the class C.

Jim Raney
Sysadmin, Citilink Internet