Re: [TCLUG:4144] No boot - old kernel

--On Friday, February 12, 1999, 6:05 PM -0600 "Peter Lukas"
<peter@math.umn.edu> wrote:

> What's the specific error message at boot time?

Nothing, it just starts the boot process normally, and says "remounting root
filesystem read-write" the hard drive makes noise for a second and then the
computer hangs. I can't (or don't know of anything) do to. Anything I type
is displayed on the screen, but I don't know how to get out of it from
there.

When I boot with the rescue disk chroot works fine, for whatever that is
worth.

Thanks for your help,

Ben
lueyb@carleton.edu