From: Serge M. Egelman <serge@egel2.med.umn.edu>
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:4202] Windows Refund Day?

This is true, but basically what the was said on slashdot was:
    If they (being either Microsoft or the manufacturer) refuse to uphold
that
part of the EULA, the whole thing is void.  And therefore, Microsoft WILL
take
action when people start freely pirating the software (signifcantly more
than
what happens currently), and when they start getting all the bad press
(again,
more than they currently are).

serge