Re: [TCLUG:4242] Quick Reference

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Michael Hicks wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a "Linux Quick-Reference"
> anywhere out there on the web..  There are a lot of people learning
> Linux that don't necessarily want to go look up the exact syntax of
> 'mount' whenever they use it, especially since resources like 'man'
> pages can often contain way _too much_ info to be terribly useful.
> People end up wasting time looking through a lot of useless information
> to find the few bits that are important..
>
> What I'm looking for would have simple syntaxes for various commands
> used everyday..  ls, rm, mount, more, less, grep, ps, and things like
> that..
>
> Just curious if anyone has a favorite site they've found or anything..
> Otherwise, I'll probably just make one myself ;-)

Linux in a Nutshell is a nice book that fills that need, but it probably
has much more detail than you are wishing for.  Still, it's handy to have
at your side when you need it.

Published by O'Reilly, of course. Not that I'm biased or anything, just
that O'Reilly sent three of them for FREE to SCALUG to give away.  Funny,
I think only two found their way to being door prizes...

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com