Re: [TCLUG:4274] Apache; httpd.conf, virtual host and ...

1. When you are defining frames give each frame a name.
   e.g.
<FRAMESET .... >
<FRAME NAME="index_frame" SRC="index.html"....>
<FRAME NAME="body_frame" SRC="body.html" .....>
</FRAMESET>

then when you have links you can specify the "TARGET" field to
make it go to a particular frame. e.g. in index.html if you
want to load http://kronkass.com/ you can do a
<A HREF="http://kronkass.com" TARGET="body_frame"> to make it
load in the "body" frame that you created.

The TARGET will also take other values such as TARGET="blank"
which will create a new blank window and load it up.

"self" will load it in the frame that the href is on.
"parent" will load it to the parent.
"top" will load it on the complete window.

2. The way I use the ~user field is by setting the
	"UserDir" parameter in
	/etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf
   to a directory "www" and then creating a directory called "www"
   under each users home directory which becomes the document
   root dir for that user.

Hope this helps.
--
sandipan