javascript question.

Hi, This is not a linux question but since the web page is being hosted
off a linux server may be I can squeeze it in ?

I am trying to show the fortune on a web page. Every so often it should
load a new fortune on to a portion of the webpage.

One option is to use frames and then have the fortune come in a frame
by itself which keeps getting reloaded every so often. So the rest
of the window remains static.

But I do not want to use frames. I was wondering if there was anyway
I could get javascript on the html page to send data to a CGI script,
read the output returned by the CGI script and then just write it to
the document.

Thanks for any ideas,
sandipan