Re: [TCLUG:6787] Gnome doesn't logout.

Here's what I found on the Gnome mailing list archive (this may or may not
be the problem you're having):
NOTE:  I think I've had this problem, though extremely sporadically, even
after upgrading to Gnome-Core-1.0.6 but I could be mistaken.  I haven't
tried deleting the .ICEauthority yet.

     >> I am using RH6.0 with gnome stuff that is included in this
distribution.
     >> The first time I log in to gnome-session (from gdm), after the
computer
     >> boots up, takes enormous amount of time (about a minute), and I
can't log
     >> out, but have to manually kill gnome-session. Subsequent logins are
fast
     >> and I can log out using panel menu.
     >> The weird thing is that I have happily used this system for about a
month
     >> now and the problem started to appear a couple of days ago. Is it a
known
     >> problem ?

     >Yup - this is due to the .ICEauthority file being corrupted when Gnome
     >crashes. Deleting your .ICEauthority file might work, otherwise upgrade
     >to gnome-core 1.0.6 (Dax Kelson makes the Red Hat 6.0 RPMs).

     >Michael Rogers

     Deleting .ICEauthority worked for me, thanks!