Redhat 6.0, latest XFree86 upgrades, xscreensaver

I applied the latest XFree86 upgrades to my Redhat 6.0 box and now
xscreensaver does not work.

If I run xscreensaver from the command line like this:

xscreensaver -no-splash -timeout 1 -nice 20 -lock-mode

1 minute later the screensaver kicks in, but if I goto the GNOME button (lower
left on a default install) and click "Lock Screen", nothing happens.

On a box that I have not upgraded, I notice that xscreensaver is running when
I log in, but on the upgraded machine xscreensaver is NOT running. Running it
by hand does not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700