Re: [TCLUG:6891] Red Hat 6.0

You will need to set the /etc/sysconfig/desktop variable according to the
desired Window environment.  I have never tried it, but /etc/X11/Xclients
says that's where it grabs its default WM:

$ cat /etc/X11/Xclients
#!/bin/bash
# (c) 1999 Red Hat Software, Inc.

# check to see if the user has a preferred desktop
PREFERRED=
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/desktop ]; then
    if [ -n "`grep -i GNOME /etc/sysconfig/desktop`" ]; then
        PREFERRED=gnome-session
    elif [ -n "`grep -i KDE /etc/sysconfig/desktop`" ]; then
        PREFERRED=startkde
    elif [ -n "`grep -i AnotherLevel /etc/sysconfig/desktop`" ]; then
        PREFERRED=AnotherLevel
    fi
fi

if [ -n "$PREFERRED" -a "$PREFERRED" != "AnotherLevel" ] && \
        which $PREFERRED >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    PREFERRED=`which $PREFERRED`
    exec $PREFERRED
fi

# now if we can reach here, either they want AnotherLevel or there was
# no desktop file present and the PREFERRED variable is not set.

Peter Lukas