Help support encryption privacy--contact Martin Olav Sabo

For those of us who care about the rights to privacy and the use of encryption
technology, keep up with current happenings at the Center for Democracy &
Technology (http://www.cdt.org/crypto/).

Maybe you all read this on /., but SAFE--Security and Freedom through
Encryption Act (HR 850)--is progressing through House committees. I entered my
ZIP code and found that Martin Olav Sabo (D-MN-5) is NOT a sponsor of this
bill. He will be hearing from me. You can check out its particulars by
searching for its bill number on the US Congress legislative site
(http://thomas.loc.gov).

The CDT page has ph. numbers for the House committees that are reviewing this
proposed legislation. Contact your representatives in Washington to let them
know that we think encryption is good, and key escrow is bad.

Joel

Joel Koepp
jkoepp@gustavus.edu
PGP keys to be found at http://www.gustavus.edu/~jkoepp/