RE: [TCLUG:7043] Fwd: linux-aware vendors

On 20 Jul, Jim Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my opinion, the best bet is usually to buy some high quality hardware
> from a known large vendor (i.e. Dell, HP, Compaq (maybe)) without a
> Microsoft OS on it and get somebody to install Linux for a fixed fee.  I
> have several techs that do that kind of work, and would be happy to do it.
> If you can't find anyone else, call me at (612) 474-9215 or email to
> jwalters@quad-c.com .  My company does Linux servers more often than
> clients, otherwise I's step up myself.

He can install Linux just fine and knows how to build machines, he's
just looking to have someone else do the build.  I do the same thing.
I've built many machines, but it's easier to have someone else do it,
especially if you can affoard it.
--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org