Re: [TCLUG:7110] more routing weirdness

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, ^chewie wrote:

> Try pinging a known IP address in your external network.  For example,
> www.yahoo.com is 204.71.200.67.  If you can't ping this address
> either, you more than likely have a problem at your gateway.  If it's
> a linux box, make sure you have enabled forwarding...

OK, here's the status. My server, the screwy one, can ping the default
gateway AND the Linux workstation on my desk. It can't ping the nameserver
or Yahoo (and presumably any other outside machine).

My workstation, which gets its IP via DHCP from the server and has
essentially the same routing table, works perfectly. I can ping and
connect to any machine. So the gateway (NetWare) appears to be fine.

Where do I go from here?

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your