RE: [TCLUG:7110] more routing weirdness

> I changed the IP address of this machine from 10.22.6.1 to 10.22.6.2. Now
> there's a slight delay in printing 'route -e', but I now have outside
> access!
>
> Who can explain this? Could it be related to my local DNS? Maybe it's a
> problem with the router downstairs? I'd love to hear more ideas.

	Is there any possibility someone was already using 10.22.6.1 on your
network?  Or that you have a weird netmask that would cause 10.22.6.1 to
interfere with another IP address?

	The only other thing I can think of is that your fiddling with routed and
gated somehow imparted routing information to the router that got it
completely confused about where to send packets originating from that IP
address.