RE: [TCLUG:7110] more routing weirdness

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Eric Hillman wrote:

> 	Is there any possibility someone was already using 10.22.6.1 on your
> network?  Or that you have a weird netmask that would cause 10.22.6.1 to
> interfere with another IP address?
>
> 	The only other thing I can think of is that your fiddling with routed and
> gated somehow imparted routing information to the router that got it
> completely confused about where to send packets originating from that IP
> address.

I did a fresh install of Mandrake 6.0 on this machine. I didn't install
gated or routed. I'll check with our sysadmin to make sure that no one
else is using 10.22.6.1, but I doubt it, the whole 10.22.*.* should be
mine. Thanks for the suggestion. This is weird!

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your