Re: [TCLUG:7201] Mandrake

The big thing is the optimization. It is suppose to run 5% to 30% faster
than RH on pentiums and better. Check out
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/venusfeat.php3 for more info.

I have been running it for about 2 weeks now and I don't notice any
speedups. There are some bugs in the stock kernel that causes some load
issues, but after an upgrade it seems pretty good. I do notice my
netscape crashing a LOT more, but I don't know if that's Mandrake's
fault or Netscape's. Mandrake is more focused towards KDE, but it does
include all the window managers RH does. (KDE, Gnome, Afterstep,
Windowmaker).

I am debating whether to re-install RH or stick with Mandrake. The nice
thing about Mandrake is that you can use RH RPMS without worry.