Re: [TCLUG:6141] don't leave so51 open for many hours

Yes, I have had this sitting in my queue for a while.

> I left StarOffice 5.1 open on its desktop screen and when I came back 15
> hours later, it was using all my memory (real and swap -- totaling 256M).
> Oddly, SO51 seemed fine (pull down menus worked, but it was very slow with
> only 2k ram. After lots of hd groaning I was able to switch desktops, get
> to an xterm and kill it. Anyone else have this problem? Should I just
> get in the habit of closing SO51?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> Ben Luey
> lueyb@carleton.edu
> ICQ: 19144397

Apparently soffice does not like non-local disks, and keeps checking up on
them if that is where your Office51 directory sits.  This generates lots of
NFS traffic.  Today the fine folks at StarDivision told me they would be
working on it.  So we will see.

Adios,
Chris
--