Re: [TCLUG:7220] Networked printers

redhat's printtool supports samba printers and I've gotten to work fine
with point and click. No stair stepping or anything. Only problem is
that is only integrates with lpd for printer, not for queue listing, or
queue removing, etc. Good Luck. As for the security, if you make
/var/spool/lpd/printername/.config readable only to root then the only
problem is sending the password cleartext. I don't know how encryption
working client-side with linux.

Good Luck