StarOffice 5.0 and RedHat 6.0

This was on the RH site:

StarOffice 5.0 from StarDivision will not run. (REF#990511-0076)

I have upgraded to Red Hat Linux 6.0, and now my copy of star office is not
working. What is going on here?

Solution:
StarOffice 5.0 from StarDivision will not run due to the fact that the glibc
2.0.7 version used internal code that changed in the 2.1.x libraries. A
version of StarOffice 5.0.1 compiled against the glibc2.1 libraries is
available on the Linux Applications Vendor CD in the Red Hat Linux boxed
set. For people not buying the Official Red Hat Linux boxed set, you should
contact StarDivision about any upgrade path available to you.

Kind of annoying if you ask me. The "We have a free fix, but only if you buy
the boxed set" attitude is somewhat disturbing from a Linux vendor.
Especially considering that the boxed set hasn't yet arrived in any stores
that I'm aware of, so I couldn't buy it if I wanted to!

I understand that it is StarDivision's responsibility to fix the problem
(though RedHat is at fault for breaking it...wierd industry, ain't it?), but
wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest (RH and SD, not to mention those
"other" people...as in "us") to post the fix? Obviously they have some sort
of rights to distribute it via CD, so I'm guessing that isn't the issue.

Of course, StarDivision.com isn't responding, and though my German isn't
what it used to be, StarDivision.de's support didn't seem to mention
RH6...guess it's not my day...

This is for SO 5.0, BTW. I've heard some people say they've gotten 5.1 to
run, but 5.0 won't let you even begin to install without the "old" libs.

Anybody got the fix?

Neal