Re: [TCLUG:6231] MRTG configs...

Kyle Johnson wrote:

> Having a bear of a time trying to get my initial install to work.
> I've
> followed the mrtg.cfg sample file, but still run into errors, and
> haven't been able to get the cfgmaker to work.

... snip ...

> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> KJ

Kyle;

In my experience, I've always found it easier to debug why cfgmaker
doesn't work rather than try to create configs from scratch. I just aim
it at a host I want to monitor and pipe the output to a file, like:

cfgmaker public@fred > fred.cfg

 where 'fred' is the host I want to monitor and 'Public' is the SNMP
community I want to access through.

 What kind of errors are you getting when you try to run cfgmaker?
Maybe there's a clue here as to what's not working for you...

                                                -=[ Steve ]=-