Re: [TCLUG:6233] Builing A System

At 01:26 PM 6/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am about to build a new system from scratch, and this will be my first
>time at this.  Does anyone have any motherboard recommendations to use.
>I am not afraid to spend money if it is worth it.  Any other help on
>peripherals would be appreciated.  I want to run Red Hat on this system
>as well.  I have only used RH & Caldera.  I like RH the best.  Does
>anyone have any comments on this.

I liked the ASUS P2B-F motherboard, especially its emphasis on PCI slots
versus ISA slots.  The LAN Admin/PC guy at the client I work for currently
agreed with me (there is no better barometer of a person's intelligence
than how often they agree with you) and built about six PCs using the ASUS
P2B-F mb for developer use (including mine). The motherboard runs about
$140.00

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old AT&T Unix that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.