Re: [TCLUG:6233] Builing A System

"Barnholtz, Brian" wrote:

> I am about to build a new system from scratch, and this will be my first
> time at this.  Does anyone have any motherboard recommendations to use.
> I am not afraid to spend money if it is worth it.  Any other help on
> peripherals would be appreciated.  I want to run Red Hat on this system
> as well.  I have only used RH & Caldera.  I like RH the best.  Does
> anyone have any comments on this.

I agree.  I have never had any unsuspected surprises with ASUS
motherboards, even those with the Onboard SCSI.
I've also worked with TYAN, Super-Micro, Micronics, and Shuttle, and I'd
recommend TYAN if you need cutting edge support, since often they are the
first to support new chipsets, but prefer ASUS to the others.  I have also
heard decent things about Abit, but my roommate has had some compatibility
problems with his.

Again, the ASUS--probably the p2b.

Jer