Re: [TCLUG:6231] MRTG configs..

Kyle Johnson wrote:

> I did find three Perl modules, BER.pm, SNMP_Session.pm, and
> SNMP_Util.pm.  There was another response regarding the cfgmaker, and
> piping it to a file, which is what I was doing, but I guess I didn't
> realize that for every device, you need a unique cfg file?????  i.e.
> cfgmaker public@x.x.x.x >> x.x.x.x.cfg?????
>
> Thanks.

Kyle;

 The example I gave showed a single '>', meaning it would have
overwritten the file. With a double '>>' as you show, it would append to
the file. You don't need a file per device, but in general you end up
running cfgmaker for each device and the appending to an existing .cfg
file. If you have LOTS of devices, you may want to split it between
multiple config files and use cron to schedule them separately.

 If you're getting errors (or other ambigous results) when you run
cfgmaker, I'd be glad to try and assist you in getting it going. Once
you have a clean config file, MRTG 'just works'.

                                                -=[ Steve ]=-