HTML: It's not about MS

I have never interpreted the HTML postings as "stupid MS users", despite
my feelings toward .... that company. The simply fact is that a large
percentage of us are using Linux from a text terminal. Some of us use
graphical applications but still use a text-based mail-reader (despite the
nicer-looking apps like balsa and tkrat, I am using Pine in an xterm.
Still haven't found anything to beat it ;-)

We all know that it is possible (*gasp* sometimes even desirable) to post
in HTML in Linux -- what do you think we are, stupid? Of course we know
that you can send HTML messages from Netscape. It's just not terribly
friendly to the (probably) 80-90% of us whose MUAs don't "do" HTML. It's
about common sense, not OS polemics.

Dan Debertin
katdan@mninter.net

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.