RE: [TCLUG:6307] thanks

Well, I've looked at quite a few of the headers when people send
HTML-based e-mail to the list, and most of them are from Outlook, Outlook
Express, or Microsoft Mail. The reason is because they don't make it
obvious they are sending html mail.. not like Netscape, where you pick
every time, or have to go manually set a default.

Also, Netscape does a good job of formatting the html e-mail. Microsoft
uses non-standard headers and such, so that Pine (my e-mail reader of
choice) has to spawn an external viewer to view the text-encoded portion
of the e-mails sent by Microsoft products. In the e-mails sent by
Netscape, I can just hit 'v' and view the text-encoded e-mail.

And anyways, the point is not that it is a 'Linux mailing list', the point
is that it is a mailing list. It's just polite never to send html-encoded
e-mail to a mailing list.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop