Re: [TCLUG:6306] RH Installation (REALLY RE: fdisk)

I should have read your table more closely.  It looks like the extended
partition houses the second half of your NT partition.  It may be
possible to create linux partitions inside that partition (although I
doubt it)  In any event, you've got from 256-765 open and 1025-1027
available.

If you do not have any data on hda6 (NT probably calls this "D:"), nuke it
and recreate a 2GB partition starting at 256 and ending at 514 (pretty
sure my math is correct) of type "4 / FAT16".  Next create a linux primary
and linux swap partition from 514 and beyond.

That's probably the only way to do it unless you want to run Linux on top
of FAT.  Again, only try the above if there is no data on hda6 that you
want to keep.  The Linux BootLoader HowTO will tell you how to deal with
drives with cyls > 1024.

Peter Lukas