Re: [TCLUG:6306] RH Installation (REALLY RE: fdisk)

Peter Lukas wrote:

> These instructions were assuming that the drive was free of other OS
> partitions.  Since NT is consuming a good chunk of the drive, you're going
> to need to repartition it with some partitioning software (ie partition
> magic although I'm not sure how it works for NT).
> If the NT partition is important to you (you do not want to rebuild it and
> restore data), you should consider buying another disk for Linux.
> Otherwise, nuke the NT stuff and start fresh with Linux (oh yeah, read the
> Linux+NT howto ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/ there
> may also be a fdisk howto in there, too.).

Yes, NT is taking up 4GB of an 8.4GB but that still leaves 4.4GB of space.  Are
you saying I have to repartition the drive because of the 1027 cylinders?
Neither wiping the drive of NT or getting an additional drive is an option.  I
had made sure I had a enough space for a Linux boot when I setup the NT OS.

--
Perry Hoekstra

---
"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it.
It's just that something happened to it along the way."