Off-topic question: *Good* experiences w/local PC vendors?

This is off-topic, not a specific Linux question, so if you can suggest a
better forum for it I will post there.

A friend is going to buy her first computer for home use and wants to buy it
locally.  She has used pc's at work for 15 years, is a savvy end user but no
programmer.  I wish I could say that she'll use Linux :-) but b/c of her needs
at work and school--she's studying to be a programmer and they use MS Java
IDE as a teaching tool--she has to run Windows.

Can anyone advise me of Twin Cities HW resellers where you have had good luck
finding someone who has integrity and will support her after sale?
If you have had exceptional luck with a mail-order vendor, let us know that
instead.

(She is very self-sufficient, and has me and others to answer most questions,
but still this is her first computer of her own, and there are certain
things best done by the actual hardware vendor.)

--
Gordon Pedersen
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA