Re: [TCLUG:6359] un*x on macs.

Only Debian has a working installer for 68k macs. Somebody's working on a
RH installer, which unfortunately has some bugs that prevent me from using
it :(. For a slower machine like that, the Debian install method, with a
huge amount of files, and a downright painful installation program, made
it just not worth the effort. There's nothing wrong with Debian, but it
shouldn't take a day and a half (seriously) to install all of the
necessary files. I still don't really "get" BSD; that's what I'm working
on at the moment.

Quoting \"Daniel M. Debertin\" <katdan@mninter.net>:

> The two BSDs (NetBSD, OpenBSD) run fine on my IIci -- a fairly old machine
> (which sold for a whopping $7500 when it was new!). Compared to Linux for
> this machine, it\'s much, much faster. I keep wiping the hard drive to try
> Linux again, and every time I have to go back to BSD because Linux is just
> too slow to be useful for this machine. Be warned -- you\'re on your own as
> far as figuring out differences between BSD and Linux; documentation is
> very sparse.
>
> Dan Debertin
> katdan@mninter.net

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)

| Unix/Linux Consulting |  [ Haiku Error Message:          ]
|  PC/Mac Repair        |  [  Chaos reigns within.         ]
|   Networking          |  [  Reflect, repent, and reboot. ]
| http://nerp.net       |  [  Order shall return.          ]

 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Unix is user friendly, Its just picky about its friends.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"