Re: [TCLUG:6384] Cheap high-volume backups?

Travan is really the only other tape that will take that much disk.  DDS2 would
do it if you split up the backup dirs, and I\'m betting DLT is out of your
range.. :)

Quoting Yaron <jethro@yaron.org>:

>   Hi,
>
> Ok, I\'ve got about 16 gigs of harddrives and I think it\'s time I ran a
> backup...
>
> I\'d like to get a SCSI DAT drive, because I know and trust DAT (as long as
> I make dual backups of each tape!). But those things are expensive as
> heck, especially DAT3...
>
> I tohught about a 2 gig JAZ drive, but I hear the media is a bit
> expensive, and I figure I\'ll need at least 20 gigs worth of media (double
> backups, compression, etc).
>
> Right now the best option looks like a CD-R. I can get a Plextor x4/x12
> Internal SCSI for around $250, and mediais dirt-cheap. Could get 100 CDs
> for like $50 or less, make several backups and have enough left to play
> frisbie with. Plus I end up having a CD-R which is pretty cool (:
>
> Anyone have a nice Backup Media/Drives comparison thing or advice? I\'m
> moving on the 26th and I want to have a backup before that...
>
> -Yaron
>
> --

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)

| Unix/Linux Consulting |  [ Haiku Error Message:          ]
|  PC/Mac Repair        |  [  Chaos reigns within.         ]
|   Networking          |  [  Reflect, repent, and reboot. ]
| http://nerp.net       |  [  Order shall return.          ]

 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Unix is user friendly, Its just picky about its friends.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

This mail sent through IMP: http://web.horde.org/imp/