Re: [TCLUG:6392] setting IP addresses

  Hi,

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Lawrence Crisp wrote:

> How do I change the IP settings on a RH5.1 box?  Does it matter that it was
> behind an IP masqueraded gateway but is not anymore?  Would this be done
> through linuxconf?

You can do it through linuxconf (Config>Networking>Client Tasks or
something).

You can also use netconf in text mode, or netcfg under X (this is what
runs if you click on Networking from Red Hat's 'control-panel').

You can also use ifconfig and route (;

>             It's official.  I'm a geek.
>              http://www.geeksquad.com

Well then you _have_ to use ifconfig and route.

Did you get one of them white beetles?

-Yaron