Re: [TCLUG:6392] setting IP addresses

Here is a hard way to do it:
edit the
/etc/sysconfig/networks file for the GATEWAY/HOSTNAME/DOMAIN information
and the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX file where "X" is your
interface
id it should be eth0 I guess..
for IP address, network mask, broadcast etc...

You can also use "setup" or "netcfg". linuxconf keeps crashing on me
and deleting files that it should be adding to at times on my 5.2
box...

have fun !
sandipan