From: lamfada@lugh.net [mailto:lamfada@lugh.net]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 2:57 PM
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:6384] Cheap high-volume backups?

You want to backup 16GB onto 650MB media? Ouch, you are braver than I am :)
Maybe if you do CD-RW, but they can be pricey compared to CD-R, but you can
create a filesystem on them & then write to the filesystem.  You can then
overwrite them instead of using new disks.  The other problem with CD-R* is
the slow write times & you need at least 700+ MB free for an ISO9660 image.
Tape is definately better as far as compatibility with automation goes.
OTOH, CD-R is quite useful for one-offs, etc.

-Chris