Re: [TCLUG:6461] New hardware being stupid

I think I'd have to vote for the bad RAM, too. Happened to me once. Make
sure you ground yourself (preferrably with a wrist strap) when working on
the innards of a computer. It may have been sold to you defective, but it
is also possible that you zapped it with static electricity. If you bought
it from a half-way decent place, they should replace it for you under
warranty.

The problem could possibly be from any of the components you list, but RAM
is usually the problem. Usually if it is one of the other components, it
won't boot at all.

Neal