RE: [TCLUG:6469] Ebay downtime

actualy, it's not unheardof for the 10k to have a single domain board crash..
the first generation systems has turned up a large batch of defective CPU
modules (i remember 2 such bad modules in a 28 processor system i worked on)

the 10k was also designed by cray.  similar systemboard interconnects

it could also be a DBA problem not a OS problem.. having to bring down an
oracle database.  box is still there.. but the data isn't