Re: [TCLUG:6489] Qwest bids for USWest Really RE: DSL

You know, you can get DSL service without even dealing with US West.
Onvoy (www.onvoy.net), AKA MrNet, offers fDSL service on DSLAMS that are
completely independent of US West.  They're a tad more expensive than
MegaBit and you have to have a static IP address.  The skinny can be found
on their website, but it breaks down like this:

384kbps for $59/mo
712kbps for $69/mo.

If you're too far away from your CO (they require a minimum of about
18000ft for 384kbps), you can opt for slower speeds (but it'll cost like
$79/mo). They're marketing the DSL service much more aggressively and use
the words "I guarantee you'll qualify as long as you're in our coverage
area."

Peter Lukas