Help in restoring C: on /dev/hda1 after new /dev/hda disk installed

Folks,

Anybody got any tips on how to restore the MSDOS C: volume (which I used
to mount in Linux with "mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /C") after a hardware
disk upgrade?

I've got the old hda disk (from which Windoze95 used to boot quite nicely)
mounted as /dev/hdd for the time being, but I'm having a devil of a time
constructing a bootable copy in /dev/hda2.

Any tips would be appreciated...

thanks,

  \'o.O'  |    He's dead Jim.  You get his    |  Steve Siegfried
  =(___)= |    phaser, I'll get his wallet.   |  sos@skypoint.com