Re: [TCLUG:6646] server crash

This can often happen when logging has nowhere to go.  For example, if the
logs are being dumped to the root partition (really bad idea), the machine
will eventually fill up and run out of space for any additional
operations.   Also, Linux isn't totally bulletproof and can be hardened by
much more than `rpm -Uvh kern*.rpm.`  Read up on the LDP
(usually /usr/doc or ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs) for more
information on Linux/Unix server performance tuning.  RedHat ships a
multipurpose kernel that isn't as robust as one you could build yourself
by hand.

Peter Lukas