Re: [TCLUG:6694] virtual IPs

The easiest way to add aliases on redhat is to go into your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory, and copy ifcfg-eth0 to
ifcfg-eth0:[0...256]. Then, just edit the script and change the interface
name and ip/gateway/etc. Of course, sometimes it works better just to edit
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network and add the commands that Chewie gave you below.
You could also add them to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but you can run into
problems doing this because your daemons are started before the interfaces
are initialized (rc.local is the last thing to run), and they may not
recognize the new interfaces.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop