named search order

I'm trying to setup /etc/named.conf so dns lookups will be handled in this
order:

lookup in intranet domain (read from search line in resolv.conf (ie server
becomes server.domain.com and www.linux.org becomes
www.linux.org.domain.com) from local file that you are master for.

If lookup fail, forward request to isp's dns servers. (thus trigger
internet link to go up, but local lookups won't).

If lookup fail use hints file named.ca and track down that ip.

My problem is that if I put in the option "forward first" will it forward
local requests (thus triggering link and being slow etc). If I don't put
that line in, how can I have it do the fowards before the hints file but
after local.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

If they remove all the fools from Congress, it wouldn't be a representative
Congress.  -- Molly Ivins.