log ppp demand triggers

I was looking at teh connect logs for dialing to the internet on demand.
The link goes on and off all day (which is normal when masquerading for 12
computers) but stays going up and down until 11:20 well after everyone is
gone. Then the link goes down at midnight and doesn't start until 8 the
next day -- just as it should. Is there a way to log what packet triggers
ppp to dial? or maybe just log all packets by type, source and destination
but without all the extra stuff tcpdumpt gives (and list like trafshow
does, but log it)

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

It's better to spend the money we have now more wisely than to spend a lot
more money after the fact on the dysfunction we've created.
    --  Democratic Representative Earl Blumenauer (Ore.)