Quotas?

  Hi,

I'm using kernel 2.2.10 with Red Hat, uh, 5.2 I think... can't get quotas
to work. I can't find any way to create the quota.users and quota.group
files, creating empty ones gives an error ("quotaon: using
/quota/quota.group on /dev/hdd2: Invalid argument"). Running edquota just
brings up an empty file and I don't remember the format by heart... and in
any case, it has nothing to update!

I tried to upgrade the quota package (I have quota-1.55-9), but I can't
find a RPM package for RH5.2, I don't want to upgrade glibc, and the
sources for quota-1.66 want some additional libs but there's no README so
I don't know which ones! The Quota mini-howto suggests "Upgrading to one
of the 2.0 kernels".

Anyone?

-Yaron