SuSE v. Slack

   Noticed a big difference with roll your own (Slackware) v. preconfigured
(SuSE) distributions. Slack allows the user to customize their system as
far into detail as possible, whereas SuSE appears to set up users with
their system defaults.

   In SuSE, for example, if root issues the following command:

   #-root> useradd shelltest -s /bin/ash shelltest

   SuSE will create the user "shelltest" with with ash as the default shell.
At the same time, however, it throws in all sorts of default <bash> stuff.
If YAST is used, it's no better. Good Lord, upon user sign-on, all those error
messages!

   When my other partition is cleared of Windoze, we'll see what
happens with Caldera.

   How does Debian rate?
 --

If encryption is outlawed, then only outlaws wil$%YHG#%^&