Re: [TCLUG:4458] freelist corrupt with gnome-1 rpms

> That means that rpm is backing up the original configuration files it
> finds.  You should follow the instructions on www.gnome.org to the "T"
> otherwise the upgrade will fail.

This certainly explains the messages that pop up before the progress
bar, but it doesn't seem to explain the last one:

free list corrupt (5656584)- contact support@redhat.com

At any rate, xscreensaver is hardly an 'essential' part of Gnome.  I'd
probably recommend downloading it again, but if it still doesn't
install, I'd just ignore it.
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1