Re: [TCLUG:4495] Cisco 675 Router

Sorry, but you need to use the DSL modem in bridging mode only -- this
means no telnet, only "MGMT" port for configuration & playing.  OTOH,
this means that only _physical_ access to the modem will allow you to
configure it, which is, IMO, a good thing.  As to using a hub & securing
all of your systems 100% or setting up a firewall machine, it is up to
you and your needs, however you will need 1 IP per system, either DHCP
or static.  Having said that, if you want to run mail, web, news, DNS,
whatever, you may want to have more than one system "exposed".  Of
course, if the firewall is compromised, you are SOL anyway.

I would like to make it out to the Installfest, but I have homework &
real work to do this weekend.  Maybe the next one.

-Chris