25 pin connector adapter for LCD Compac FP500

I have access to a Compaq FP500 flat panel LCD display.  It requires a 25
pin connection to the video card.  I am building
a PC with an onboard video card and the generic monitor connector.  Does
anyone know if adaptors are readily available
to connect this display from it's 25 pin to the regular 12 pin on the
motherboard?  Compaq tech support says that they're out
there and the monitor.  Next I want to get it to work with Linux.

Mark Jefferis